I am a Computational Biology PostDoc at University of Toronto, co-supervised by Profs. Gary Bader and Andrew Emili. I have undergoing collaborations with the following Bimib people: Marco Antoniotti, Gianluca Colombo, Antonella Farinaccio, Italo Zoppis.
My research interests are:
- the analysis of comprehensive gene expression profiles (e.g. transcriptomics), by data-reduction methods (e.g. PCA, clustering), gene-set enrichment (e.g. Gene Ontology), and further pathway or network profiling;
- the representation of biological and medical knowledge;
- on a more abstract and general level, the study of complex biological systems under a regulatory perspective.
Physical Location: University Of Toronto CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto, ON, Canada
Email: daniele DOT merico AT gmail DOT com
Past and Present Research Projects
- Analysis of Time-course Microarray Data
- Identification of co-regulation patterns among different processes.
- At: UNIMIB, DISCo. With Italo Zoppis; supervised by: Marco Antoniotti.
- Clinical Phenotype Ontology for Cerebrovascular Disorders (NEUROWEB Project)
- At: UNIMIB, DISCo. With Gianluca Colombo, Flavio De Paoli, Marco Antoniotti; supervised by: Giancarlo Mauri
- The Landscape of NF-Y Binding
- Identification of the NF-Y transcription factor targets by ChIP-chip analysis, and characterization of its control activity by integrative analysis with microarray data.
- At: UNIMI, DSBB. With: Michele Ceribelli, Diletta Dolfini; supervised by: Roberto Mantovani.
- Functional profiling of the p63 DN-alpha transcription factor targets.
- At: UNIMI, DSBB. With Alessandra Viganò; supervised by: Roberto Mantovani.
- Analysis of transcriptomics, proteomics and microRNA data with a network perspective for several transgenic mouse models of heart disease.
- At: UofT, Banting & Best Dept. of Medical Research. With: Ruth Isserlin; supervised by: Gary Bader, Andrew Emili.
- The RET Transcriptional Program
- Functional profiling of the transcriptional program controlled by wt and mutant RET receptors.
- At: UNIMIB, DISCo. With Antonella Farinaccio; supervised by: Marco Antoniotti.
- Co: IFOM / Istituto Tumori Milano.
Past and Present Affiliations
- Università di Milano-Bicocca (UNIMIB) - DISCo (Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica, Comunicazione) - Milano, Italy
- Università di Milano (UNIMI) - Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie (DSBB) - Milano, Italy
- Banting & Best Dept. of Medical Research / CCBR (Center for Cellular and Biomolecular Research) - University of Toronto - Toronto, ON, Canada
Private Research Pages
Alpha Scan - Evaluation
COR 2009 Supplementary
Gene Expression & Phenotypes